Re: Hep required

Hi,

That is fine. There are other existing journaling file systems like JFS, ReiserFS or XFS. Does HURD support all of these file systems? I've infact planned to design and develop a new journaling file system.

Thanks & Regards,
Siva

Ognyan Kulev wrote:

SivaramaKrishnan Nageswaran wrote:

I'm a newbie to HURD. I've planned to write a new journaling file system for the HURD OS for my MS project. I would like to know whether there are any existing implements for the journaliing file system(s) and also if any other needs to be implemented yet.

Hey, this is my MSc thesis[1] ;-) I'm close to releasing version 0.1, fighting with gdb to get something debugged.

[1] http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~ogi/hurd/ext3fs/

Regards,
ogi

--
SivaramaKrishnan Nageswaran (nsiva@lucent.com)
Lucent Technologies

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain