Re: sysvinit and hurd

> The two main problem now are the runtime errors that will come
> from needing a Linux like /proc, this could be solved "easily"
> porting libps from the Hurd and adding to it kFreeBSD and Linux
> kernel support, so it can be used at large on all Debian packages
> needing to access this kind of info.

libps is a Hurd-specific interface.  But I imagine the things sysvinit
would care about are fairly generic notions.  Can you enumerate them?

> The other problem is that on the Hurd there is already /hurd/init
> that uses pid 1

This should not be a problem.  Any signals sent to init get passed down to
its child.  Why else do you care who has PID 1?

sysvinit replaces /libexec/runsystem, not /hurd/init.