glibc_2.3.2.ds1-12 packages up for testing

Hi hackers,

After the recent upload of glibc_2.3.2.ds1-12, I've built some
hurd-i386 packages of those and put them up at

http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/

or, as an APT-source:

deb http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/hurd/ ./

I haven't built source packages of those yet, because that involves
trashing the build-tree to my knowledge (or copying it somewhere else,
but I don't have much space left), but I might do that later on.

The packages are slightly hacked (that's why they're called -12.0.1):

 - I removed a linux-specific kernel check in debian/rules with fails on
   hurd-i386 and makes the package want to cross-compile

 - I added a couple of important missing libraries to libc0.3-dev

 - I added libc.a and libc_p.a to the exclude list for dh_strip. Those
   files seem to be ASCII files and make dh_strip exit, resulting in
   huge, unstripped binary packages.

I wonder whether having libc.a as an ASCII file is alright as it's
different on GNU/Linux and Jeff seemed to be a bit surprised about this
yesterday. This is the content:

/* GNU ld script
   This linker script is installed as /lib/libc.a.
   It makes -lc become just like -( -lcrt -lmachuser -lhurduser -).
   */

GROUP ( libcrt.a libmachuser.a libhurduser.a )

The packages seem to work fine, I'm running them for two days now and
did some extensive python compiling during that time, which resulted in
no apparent breakage.

So if nobody reports bad problems with these packages, I'd like to
upload them to ftp.gnuab.org by the end of the week, if nobody objects.

I'll file a bug-report with a patch for the libc0.3-dev issue shortly
and will bring the other issues to the attention of the glibc packaging
team.

enjoy,

Michael

--