Re: perl_5.8.2

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Philip Charles wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> > I could try to build a hacked perl and upload it for ftp.gnuab.org as
> > "unreleased", if that's better than nothing, but then packages which
> > build-depend on perl would have to be uploaded there as well.
>
> The other solution would be to use perl-modules 5.6.1 from woody.  Can
> anyone see any problems associated with this?

Yes, Debian 3.0r2 has just been released today and the perl-modules
in woody is now 5.6.1-8.3, not 5.6.1-7 :-)

If (as I imagine) you are trying to provide a consistent set of packages,
you might want to take perl-modules from http://snapshot.debian.net instead,
where you should be able to get the exact version which matches the
currently available hurd-i386 version of perl in ftp.debian.org.