Re: perl_5.8.2

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Philip Charles wrote:

> Any chance of getting perl_5.8.2?  perl depends on perl-modules and the
> current perl-modules depends on perl_5.8.2, the current perl version is
> 5.6.1

See my message several weeks ago: "FTBFS: perl" and especially the
comments by Jeff Bailey.

Even if we disable threads there are still lots of tests which fail
that someone should investigate to ensure that they are harmless.

I could try to build a hacked perl and upload it for ftp.gnuab.org as
"unreleased", if that's better than nothing, but then packages which
build-depend on perl would have to be uploaded there as well.