RE: Hurd advocacy?

>===== Original Message From Patrick Strasser <past@sbox.tugraz.at> =====
>Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>
>> Or in the Hurd CVS tree, [hurd]/doc/navigating.

[snip]
>I'd like to write a document in this style. I think I'm quite qualified
>for this task, as I do not really know where to start and how things
>work. Someone else to join the party?
>Perhaps someone is willing to ask some guiding question?

I am also trying to learn how Hurd works. I also just bought the international
edition (cheap and low paper quality one, meant to be sold only in south asia)
of  _Operating System: Design and Implementation_ from *half.com*. I would be
willing to explore the source code and do the exercises. The developers on the
other hand could ask these pupils to do some really boring and easy (by their
standard) coding. (This idea from Eric Raymond's _Cathedral and the Bazaar_
paper, which is online.)