Re: Hurd advocacy? Bootable (Knoppix-like) CD?

nisse@lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:

> Right, unionfs should be well suited for this.

At least if it's bugs are fixed.  For those who might be interested in
it: there's a unionfs version in the Savannah CVS (as part of the
`hurdextras' package).  This code contains some - in my opinion -
important design decisions for a working unionfs, but it is buggy.  If
anyone would be interested in debugging that code, please, go ahead!

> Does it work to install active and/or passive translators, in
> particular unionfs, on / ?

I'm not sure about stacking translators on the root node but at least
you can create the unionfs somewhere and then simply chroot into it.

		moritz
--
((gpg-key-id . "6F984199")
 (email      . "moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de")