Re: K4 images completed!!!

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Simon Law wrote:

> 	Could someone re-upload these?

>From the MISSING-FILES.README on ftp.gnu.org,

"A root compromise and a Trojan horse were discovered on gnuftp.gnu.org,
the FTP server of the GNU project.  The machine appears to have been
cracked in March 2003, but we only discovered the crack in the last week
of July 2003."

"Given the nature of the compromise and the length of time the machine was
compromised, we have spent the last few weeks verifying the integrity of
the GNU source code stored on gnuftp.  Most of this work is done, and the
remaining work is primarily for files that were uploaded since early 2003,
as our backups from that period could also theoretically be compromised."

The upload of the K4 images fall into this sensitive period, however
signed md5sums were included with the upload.  I have been in touch with
gnu@gnu.org, but have yet to receive a reply.  I am reluctant to hassle
them given the nature of the disaster and the work required to recover
from it.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz