Re: can't install emacs21 and german keymap?

The Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:04:15 +0200,
Bjoern Schiessle <devnull@schiessle.org> wrote :

> Hello,
> i have two problems with GNU/Hurd.
>
> 1. I have tried to install emacs21 with apt-get, but i get always this
> error message:
>
> emacs21: error while loading shared libraries: libXaw3d.so.6: cannot
>
> any ideas what's going wrong?

I think that it is a problem in LD_LIBRARY_PATH : try adding /X11R6/lib
into it.

> 2. How do i install a german keymap?
> On german GNU/Hurd sites i have found a link to a german keymap
> (ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/keymap.tar.gz), but this
> link doesn't work.
> So i have tried it the "debian-way", i have installed console-common
> and console-data. But when i select the german keymap, console-data
> tells me that i need console-tools or kbd.
> Console-tools is replaced by console-common, which i have installed
> and kbd-compat depends on console-tools (= 1:0.2.3.dbs-38) and
> libconsole.
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks a lot && Best regards
> Bjoern

If you use the Mach console, I think there is a german keymap in the
`clavier' package available at http://kilobug.free.fr/hurd/debian

--
Frédéric HENRY