Re: Mach 2.0 source

"deFreese, Barry" <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> writes:

> [...]

No, that's GNUMach's directory for code that interfaces with OSKit.
You still need to download OSKit itself.  You can get our (forked)
oskit from:

  cvs -d:subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/oskit co oskit

Or you can get the official release from Utah's Flux Group from:

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/

The fork has more driver support but is less tested than the official.

My advice is to first build oskit and try a few of it's example
kernels ('hello' is good first choice).  At that point you'll have
figured out how to use grub as a side benefit.  Then go on to
building gnumach with the binary hurd servers that get installed
when you install via Neal Walfield's guide.  Then go on to
building Hurd yourself.  This way there are fewer things that could
break at the same time.

Also, you pretty much must do a 'make install' after building oskit so
that the libraries can be found by gnumach.  I tried for a long to
time to build gnumach without doing 'make install' and instead trying
to get the libs directly from the oskit build dir, but that wasn't
pretty and I had to do some ugly hack to get it to work.

Derek