Re: A few questions - Long

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:06:49PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    The only reason for this not being implemented yet is because of lack
>    of a console???
>
> Wrong, there is a console, and it actually works.  I think that Marcus
> Brinkmanns new console should also work under it (it supports virtual
> consoles, PC speaker sound, and some other stuff that I don't
> remeber).

You still can not use the console without a serial console, and certainly
not without changing a few lines of code here and there, and the issue of
integrating the console into the system is still unsolved (esp falling back
to the kernel console if the system console dies).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/