What are the packages native install needs?

I finally got Hurd to boot!  However, using the latest base install file
http://people.debian.org/~rmh/gnu/gnu.tar.bz2, but it seems to be missing
all of the packages referred to in native-install where it runs the dpkg
commands:

dpkg --force-architecture --force-depends -i
    /var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd*deb
...etc

There seem to be no deb files at all in gnu.tar.bz2.  So since it couldn't
install base-passwd or anything else, there were tons of errors from
the second run of native-install about no such user, etc.

I can try installing by hand from the CD images I have of Hurd, all of the
above packages, but I don't know what the last two in native-install refer to:

dpkg --force-architecture -G -E -i /var/cache/apt/archives/*deb
dpkg --force-architecture -G -E -i /var/cache/apt/archives/*deb

If I can figure out what "*deb" means here, I can try to complete the install
by hand from the CD images.  Thanks for the help!  :-)