Re: GNU K4 images available.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Neil Levine wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 10:13:27PM +1200, Philip Charles a ecrit:
> >
> > Short answer, they approximate to the Debian GNU/Linux woody installation
> > CDs.
>
> So K3, K4 etc refer to stability levels?

The letter (K) refers to the Debian boot-floppies revision (the installer)
The number (4) refers to the Debian-CD system, what packages, baseGNU etc.
If Debian GNU/Hurd becomes unstable then the it is $#@! to produce a
workable CD set.  So the K4 set is the fourth set produced using the K
installer.  Debian GNU was stable so we have a stable CD set.

> K4 is still Mach based, correct?

Yes.  The images are based on the Debian archive.  When L4 gets into the
archive then the CDs will be L4 based.

> So once installed (which I have done) what sources.list should I use to
> get further packages installed?

Point your system to any Debian site, unstable main contrib
When alpha.gnu.org is working again include it as well.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz