Re: [OT]: GNU/Hurd ready for a daily use (?)

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:36:33AM +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently use GNU/Hurd at home but only to test few of my
> developments on this platform.
>
> Till now, I didn't think to switch to GNU/hurd definetely. I have
> reached a point where I would like to use only GNU/Hurd at home. Do you
> honestly think this is a crazy idea or does anybody has definetely
> choose to use GNU/Hurd for daily tasks (mail, programming, web,
> multimedia, ...).
>
> I really need feedback on that ;)

It depends on what you need. If you need GNOME/KDE or stability or good
performance then GNU is not ready for you yet. As for web and multimedia
we don't have any sound support and we still don't have a ported major
browser (Mozilla, Galeon, etc)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)