Re: Bug#187309: weird linker problem (was: Re: Must NOT link with pthread)
- To: Ivo Timmermans <email@example.com>
- Cc: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#187309: weird linker problem (was: Re: Must NOT link with pthread)
- From: Robert Millan <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:54:20 +0200
- Message-id: <20030715165420.GA1824@aragorn>
- In-reply-to: <20030715164259.GC30523@juarez>
- References: <20030527073853.GG1677@22.214.171.124> <20030527085950.GB9984@aragorn> <20030527151559.GA1212@126.96.36.199> <20030528140318.GA489@aragorn> <20030715164259.GC30523@juarez>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 06:42:59PM +0200, Ivo Timmermans wrote:
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 05:15:59PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > > On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:59:50AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > > my apologises, Marcus. i'll follow your suggestion next time.
> > >
> > > It never hurts to ask if you see something unusual. Any unexplained
> > > difference between GNU/Linux and GNU/Hurd is by definition unusual :).
> > I _did_ ask (in one of the *-hurd mls). then two people responded with
> > opposite opinions on wether it's a system bug or a bug in the package. the
> > discussion didn't get any further.
> So has it gotten any further? Does this bug still exist?
No, we're stuck as neither Marcus or me has time for this. If you can help,
that's very welcome.
> Does it
> still apply to libgcrypt only, or is it rather something that should
> be reassigned to some toolchain component?
libgcrypt is just an example that is probably a good test case; we don't
know where it belongs exactly but the bug affects Xfree86 and other