Re: how can i install more pkgs from cdrom?

On 17 Jun 2003, hong jun wrote:

> thank you for your help
>
> now i can use my cdrom ,i can use ls to see its subdirectorys.
> but i occured with this question: now it's impossible for me to use the
> net ,but i had burned 4 CDs of debian-hurd-K3.and how can i install more
> packages from them?
> with the first CD in the driver i tried :
> $apt-cdrom add
> and it replied:
> Using CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/
> Unmounting CD-ROM
> Please insert a Disc in the driver and press enter
> Mounting CD-ROM
> E:Unable to stat the mount point /cdrom/ - stat(1073741939 Value too
> large for defined data type)
> Failed to mount the cdrom

Apt-cdrom does not work.  What I reccommend is that the contents of the
cdrom's be copied into four separate partitions and the
/etc/apt/sources.list be edited to point to these partitions, e.g.
deb file:/discs/A/debian sid main contrib local
deb file:/discs/B/debian sid main contrib local
etc.

Once these are mounted, then "apt-get update", "apt-get install foo".

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz