Re: status of coreutils

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:27:13AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> Is it safe to use coreutils_5.0-1.1_hurd-i386.deb in K3, or should I wait
> for the new version?

5.0-1.1?? that'd be an NMU of the current coreutils (5.0-1)?

even if the maintainer doesn't respond, there's no need to NMU. there
two bugs in the system (libdiskfs and libc) that prevent coreutils
from building cleanly. by the time we fix them (some years from now ;))
coreutils will be fixed too.

btw upstream applied the patch in coreutils, see the bug log for details
(190738)

if you mean wether the hacked package is safe, it is 100% safe. all i
changed was an autoconf test that is useless on GNU and deactivated
a pair of tests (from "make check") that were failing.

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide