Re: K3, dependency probs

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:11:48PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> The build system is doing everything it should, but there are some rather
> accute dependency problems.
>
> The problems identified so far are,
> coreutils, 4.5.8-1 needed

coreutils_5.0-1 does not build (configure hangs), I'm currently working
on that.

> cpp-3.2, 1;3.2.3-0 needed
> gcc-3.2, 1:3.2.3-0 needed

I've got gcc-3.2/3.3 packages up at
http://people.debian.org/~mbanck/debs/hurd-i386

The gcc-3.3 packages are not pure though, I had to disable pascal during
the build. Just using the 3.2 ones won't work though, as libgcc1 is
being built by gcc-3.3 now, perhaps you need some other 3.3 packages,
too.

> The system is crippled without coreutils as it is needed for debianutils
> which in turn is needed for ......

Yeah :(

Michael