Re: Status of Xfree

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 02:48:04PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> Can XFree be installed from the packages of in the official archive?
>
> I could make time to prepare the K3 images in seven to ten days time if
> this is the case.

which of them? there are three unofficial builds of Xfree86 around:

- 4.1 in alpha.gnu.org
- 4.2 someone built this IIRC
- 4.3 in my repository in people

about my 4.3 build, i think it's installable with official_archive+alpha.
all the stuff there is installable by combining the three sources though.

Philip, also note that some packages in the official archive depend on
others we still don't have (waiting to get patches applied). you can
find the broken dependencies for many of them in my repository, if you
want to include them in K3 feel free to. see the 00README for a description
of the bugs.

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide