Re: Xfree86 4.2.99.901 packages

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 06:27:29PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12. March 2003 17:47, Robert Millan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've put up my work on xfree86 in a public place:
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~rmh/xfree86/
>
> Where can I find the debian specific patches?

they come with the debian tree. Xfree86 uses "Doogie's build system",
which basicaly means a pristine X is extracted into a temporary directory
and then patches from debian/patches are applied. see debian/README for
details.

> Debian unstable contains
> xfree86_4.2.1-6.diff.gz,

note i'm working with Daniel Stone's unofficial Xfree86 4.3 packages:

http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/xfree86/

I'm adding a note to the README to clarify this.

> do you used this patch??

xfree86_*.diff.gz does only contain the files in debian/ directory, the
patches against X are in debian/patches of the same dir.

> (All patches should be against the official XFree86 sources available at
> www.XFree86.org.)

they're against whatever Daniel put in the upstream/ dir, which is mostly
(but not exactly) "official" upstream source.

--
Robert Millan

make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.

Another world is possible - Just say no to genocide