lsh [was: Re: K2 images]

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 11:33:44AM +0100, pancake wrote:
> I think that LSH is more correct on hurd because the license (GPLvsBSD)

Once the package conforms to the Free Software Definition, we
shouldn't worry about which license a project uses.

The GNU position, generally, is that the GPL is the best way to
protect software freedom.  It could be argued that preferring GPL
software to BSD software is a good thing since it may encourage
the use of the GPL.

It could also be argued that preferring an inferior package based
on license weakens the system.

It could also also be argued that not using *their* Free Software
because they don't use our #1 favourite license divides the
community unnecessarily.  The community is under enough attacks
from outside, lets not help our enemy too much.

Finally, this is Debian, both packages can be in the Distro, so
really, this discussion is redundant.

Ciaran O'Riordan