Re: Xfree86 4.2

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 04:52:53PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> I failed to compile X 4.2/4.1 multiple times too. I have a slow PC and
> compilation requires 2-3 hours (PIII-800). Nevertheless hurd seems to be to
> unstable, it crashs very often and I have to start from beginning.

I don't know what your problems are.  But the last time I compiled X it went
without a Hurd-related glitch.  The change to libc0.3 and the new server
interfaces might have changed something about that, although I have no
concrete idea what.

Cross compiling X is insane.  I think somebody did it once a few years ago,
(and you might even find the homepage where it is documented).  But it's
still insane.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/