Re: K1 images - final report?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 08:59:37PM +0100, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:
>
> > Why do you think it would necessarily be too slow?
>
> Well, of course it creates `some' overhead, since it is another layer
> on top of the real filesystem, through which path lookups are routed.
> I am not sure, wether that is already too much overhead or not.

If you have one filesystem mounted on the root filesystem, and use an
absolute path, you are already going through two translators.

So if you go through root and mounted fs, or through unionfs and mounted fs,
is really not much of a difference.  The latter might even be faster in some
cases, because you skip a lot of actual file system operations.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/