Re: K1 images - final report?

Simon a écrit :

 >> And ? It's  a temporary solution that allow user to  use an ssh client
 >> and/or server, which  is very usefull. You just have  to add a debconf
 >> warning saying that the entropy  source is unsafe, and asking the user
 >> to pay attention. We don't need more for now, since anyway no Hurd box
 >> will be used in a critical environement in a near future.

 > 	That kind of thinking is fairly dangerous.

 > a)	Debconf is not a billboard.  Doing this is a hack.

Well, it's often used like that... Like for X which doesn't listen on
network by default, this is said via debconf.

 > b)	It will become a low priority task to remove a poor entropy
 > 	source once things "just work."  Better to make everyone realise
 > 	that something is wrong, and perhaps motivate someone to fix it.

Then, removes /hurd/ext2fs until it works with "large" partitions. The
GNU/Hurd system is full of things not really working, it's better than
nothing.

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@nerim.net - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org