Re: Some questions about the J2 CD.....

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 05:46:49PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> > Another question....
> > Does HURD support partition larger than 2GB???
>
> 1GB is the approximate limit.

I should explain this a bit more.

You can get up as much as 2gb if I heard other reports correctly.  I am
using 1.5gb today.  The exact limit is not known.  It might depend on where
libraries are loaded.

BTW, the higher this value is the lower is the number and size of files you
can have read/write at the same time.  Every file that is read/written is
mapped into memory, too, and they all have to fit.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/