Re: experimental lsh-util (ssh) debs, kerberos and entropy probs

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 07:09:54PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
>  - Port kerberos to the hurd.
>
> The last option would be the hardest, i dont know enough about kerberos to
> know if it would justify the effort right now.

It's definitely the right thing to do.  I know that it is painful, and that
it is annoying that Debian package builds enable every feature under the
sun, rocketing the build dependencies sky high.  But it is possible to port
kerberos, there is no magic involved in doing so (just a couple of PATH_MAX
and MAXHOSTNAMELEN issues IIRC), so you should definitely give it a go.
It will be actually less trouble than to get al those kerberos dependent
packages special cased forth and back when kerberos becomes available.

I had a kerberos patch once, but I can not find it anymore.  Must have
deleted it.  The patch was very dirty, I just defined PATH_MAX etc to some
constant value to make it compile and work for me.  At least some cleaned up
patch like that could be used, and that is not a lot of work.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/