Re: [ANN: Package building] Built xfce, icewm, ctwm.

--- Clemmitt Sigler <siglercm@jrt.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've gotten X up and running on my little Hurd 0.3 system, and
> I natively built xfce, icewm, and ctwm.  I've done rudimentary
> testing only -- they seem to work -- but no regression or stress
> testing.  I needed to build rplay and libgsm as well in order to
> build ctwm.
>
> All of these packages failed their last attempt according to
> buildd.debian.org.  Some builds haven't been tried since May,
> BTW.
>
> Patches against xfce and libgsm have been posted to the BTS:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=164190&repeatmerged=yes
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=164191&repeatmerged=yes
>
> 					Clemmitt Sigler

 Thanks for doing this work.  However, some notes:

 Package porting stuff can stay on debian-hurd.

 Your patches are backwards.  Diff the new files against the old ones, not
the other way around.

 For libgsm, you shouldn't have removed #include <pthreads.h>.  This is a Hurd
bug that can be fixed by Neal's libpthread or pth.

 For xfce, why does constant.h need to be included in all those files?  It
doesn't seem to be needed for GNU/Linux.  Especially in a file in intl, which
from what I remember of automake/gettext is that those files are usually
automatically created somehow.

 And now for something completly different.
 I'm sorry to the authors of the mach ipc guide and using_the_hurd manual for
not merging

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU