Re: Notes on gnu-latest and Debian GNU/Hurd

Hello,

Thanks for all the remarks.

>  Congradulations, you may be the first person to build the random translator
> outside the Hurd source.  Building the random translator with the rest of the
> Hurd source is trivial, and that is why it isn't mentioned on the mailing
> lists.

I *thought* so. But compiling the entire hurd seemed daunting so
I looked for a short cut...

>  Humm, it seems you didn't read the mailing lists close enough.
> Add '--' to the end of the kernel line in grub.

Thanks for the pointer. This works.

>  mkmbimage ... Is this a linuxism?

Absolutely. It is probably meant as a way to boot multiboot
images from "lilo" or some such.

>  oskit-mach does not have a console built into it. I have my console set to
> dumb.  See Marcus' console translator for how to get a console on oskit-mach.
> BTW Marcus' console translator is not done yet.

Actually, if you set TERM=adm3a then you can even get screen to
work after a fashion.

Thanks and regards,

Kapil.
--