Re: strange result when typing wrong password

* Niklas Söderlund writes:
> All I did was to change directory to /, issue "login root" and type in the wrong password.
> usually, if i am standing in /etc/login/ it only says "login: Invalid password", but in
> another working directory it tries to login.

This is because of a bug in the .bash_login script.  When you change
to / it tries to read ".bashrc" and ".profile", which obviously don't
exist.  When you're in /etc/login this works as they are located
there.  Fix for this is to append an absolute path to .bashrc and
.profile in /etc/login/.bash_login

Could you be so nice to warp the lines after 70 characters?

Cheers,
--
Alfred M. Szmidt