Status of firewalling/NAT on Hurd

Hi everyone,

I've been following this list for a while but not tried out the Hurd
yet. I'd like to try it out on one of my boxes which is currently the
gateway/firewall to my home network.  The box is a 466Mhz Celeron
currently running Debian GNU/Linux and doing NAT for the network.  So
my question - can the Hurd do simple firewalling/gateway duties? If so
where can I find out about it? Or would I be better off finding
another machine? I did wonder about running it under vmware - has this
been done yet?

Richard Watson
e-mail:richard@doilywood.org.uk  jabber:richard@jabber.doilywood.org.uk