Re: Can grub be made into a minikernel?

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:10:20PM -0500, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> Possibly I could simulate a floppy using the loop device,
> somehow place grub on it, dd it into a file, and load
> that into the nvram, but that would be pretty risky,
> as I could forever lose my only boot loader. The
> Netwinder doesn't boot like a normal PC as it was
> designed exclusively to run Linux.

If you mess up the flash, there isn't anyone around who'd be
willing (or capable) to reflash your netwinder for you (in
the days when Rebel were in existance, there was some hope).

> Niels Möller wrote:
>
> >"B. Douglas Hilton" <bdhilton@charter.net> writes:
> >
> >>Except, Netwinder's nettrom seems only able
> >>to boot a linux kernel.

What happens after the minikernel has run and obtained the image
is basically:

 - full system reset
 - new image located to 0x0000c000
 - image called at 0x0000c000