Re: New oskit-mach debugging log - failed assertion 'port->ip_srights > 0'

I found that out eventually. Really, the whole thing was somewhat
of a brain-fart and I knew it before I even started, so I made a
copy of the source and hacked away at that. It was kind of
educational to explore the dependencies and such. IMHO
throwing away a lot of hard-won GPL'd code is a really bad
idea, especially drivers and such, but I was trying to understand
the OSKit build process ( perhaps dreaming of updating it
to linux 2.4 drivers ). I'm recompiling the original right now
with CFLAGS=-O2 and --enable-debug --enable-indirect-osenv

I determined that a parallel make is a bad idea for OSKit as it
sometimes crashes mysteriously, and my system can rebuild
the thing in about 15mins anyways. I'll try a reboot with
a newly compiled kernel tonight. If it works I'll post a note,
if not I'll keep quiet.

Later.

- Doug

Roland McGrath wrote:

The simple way to trim down your oskit build is to comment out all the
drivers you don't need from oskit/dev/linux_{scsi,ethernet}.h before you
build.  Anything else you excise could be a problem.