Re: oskit random

I haven't changed the CC line, but you should.  oskit-users is only dead
becuase you aren't using it!  And for Hurd-related development discussions
that are not about Debian release issues or porting other packages or
packaging/integration issues, the right list is bug-hurd.

To take a new Linux component and put it into the OSKit, you really need to
fully understand how that bit of code relates to other Linux code and how
you want to fit it into OSKit interfaces.  The style with OSKit components
is to have fine-grained components with generalized interfaces.  Even when
we are using several components from the same original source (e.g. Linux
drivers along with Linux filesystems) each component uses the OSKit
interfaces for everything it needs rather than direct hooks into the
encapsulated code in other components.

As has been mentioned, the thing really needed first is the interfaces for
other OSKit components will use to deliver entropy to the engine.  This
should be a generic COM interface supplied as part of the osenv
parameterization to the components.  The NetBSD <sys/rnd.h> interfaces are
the most general thing of that sort I see in any of the free systems off hand.