Re: Some questions about the J2 CD.....

> You can get up as much as 2gb if I heard other reports correctly.  I am
> using 1.5gb today.  The exact limit is not known.  It might depend on where
> libraries are loaded.
>
> BTW, the higher this value is the lower is the number and size of files you
> can have read/write at the same time.  Every file that is read/written is
> mapped into memory, too, and they all have to fit.

Marcus is confused here: we do not map all of the files into memory.
Rather, we map a 64k window when we are doing I/O
(cf. libpager/pager-memcpy.c).  In other words, you will not run out
of address space.

Personally, I use file systems just under two GB; I would not try
anything larger than that and it not only for the small address space
that I take this precaution: I am worried about large positive numbers
(i.e. greater than 2^31) breaking things.  libihash, for instance, for
instance, suffers from this.