Re: Hurd under Bochs
- To: Norbert Veber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Hurd under Bochs
- From: Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 05:02:39 +0200
- Message-id: <20021003030239.GA1641@aragorn>
- In-reply-to: <20020930172906.GC25537@pyre.virge.net>
- References: <20020926031418.GA24704@pyre.virge.net> <20020927110218.GA2577@aragorn> <20020930172906.GC25537@pyre.virge.net>
On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 01:29:06PM -0400, Norbert Veber wrote:
> Ah, I'll try that image, thanks! I still wonder how it was created to
> begin with :)
Installing as usual :), it just takes a lot of time.
> I did notice when running linux in bochs that it took about 5 minutes to
> caluclate module dependancies. Its painfully slow..
the last CVS snapshots from sid have a lot of speed improvements, you
might want to use those for running GNU/Linux, GNU or whatever
> I have since installed the hurd on my laptop, which went fairly well.
> Unfortunately it doesnt support my network card.
"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"
Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992