Re: Bochs and the Hurd

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 11:18:51PM +0200, Bruno Bonfils wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Friday, i decided to (re)install a GNU/Hurd. I don't have enough box,
> that's why I need to use bochs. I didn't find a doc, so I write one.

I did that already, it's been in http://khazad.dyndns.org/bochs for quite some
time. you should check in the list archive for such things (or ask).

Do you have the same problems than those listed in
http://khazad.dyndns.org/bochs/gnu/PROBLEMS ? If you know how to fix any of
them please report.

> If needed, i think it's possible to make a Debian package which
> creates a image disk without user complex intervention.
>
> The documentation is available here :
>
> http://perso.debian-fr.org/asyd/hurd/bochs-hurd.html

Nice guide, although i think that given the time it takes to install GNU in
bochs it's better to just distribute images.

I found a pair of errors: it says somewhere that GNU Mach is an OS, and you
use the term "guest" when you mean "host" in the networking section.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992