Re: About the login shell

commence  Jason Dagit quotation:

> Marcus these are my feelings exactly.  I think having to type login
> to login is redundant.  Just like win2k where you type ctrl-alt-del
> (which according to MS improves security), before you login.

That came from the Orange Book security guidelines, I believe.  The
idea is that the SAS (secure attention sequence) is not overrideable
and thus the user can be sure that once the sequence has been entered
he is communicating with the OS and not with a Trojan.  This is quite
different from typing "login" at the prompt of a program that may or
may not be the login shell.

--
[|] Sean Neakums            |  Questions are a burden to others;