Re: Debian packages moved from alph.gnu.org into mirror system?

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 08:05:09AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
>  Well, I did one yesterday, and it looks like I'll have 40 today.

7.1.1. Reporting lots of bugs at once
-------------------------------------

     Reporting a great number of bugs for the same problem on a great
     number of different packages --- i.e., more than 10 --- is a
     deprecated practice.  Take all possible steps to avoid submitting bulk
     bugs at all.  For instance, if checking for the problem can be
     automated, add a new check to intian' so that an error or warning is
     emitted.

     If you report more than 10 bugs on the same topic at once, it is
     recommended that you send a message to <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>
     describing your intention before submitting the report.  This will
     allow other developers to verify that the bug is a real problem.  In
     addition, it will help prevent a situation in which several
     maintainers start filing the same bug report simultaneously.

     Note that when sending lots of bugs on the same subject, you should
     send the bug report to <maintonly@bugs.debian.org> so that the bug
     report is not forwarded to the bug distribution mailing list.

(developer's reference)
Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/