Re: Installing packages hangs

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I thought the following is a problem which several people encountered
> before, and that there was a workaround for it, but I could not find
> anything about it with Google or in my local archive of the mailing
> lists.

If it is the same problem as before, and it looks as though it could be,
the work round is:-

rm -f /var/cache/apt/*.bin
apt-get update
apt-get install foo bar ...

The needs to be used to install any set of packages.

A proper solution would be welcome.

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz