Is Hurd good?

Hello,
I have a question for you:
An low level application that runs under HURD should first "talk" with a server and the server will send the request to the microkernel and the mircokernel to the hardware. In linux the same application "talks" directly with the kernel and the kernel with the hardware. But in hurd if an error occurs inside the server then that particulary server colapses but the mircokernel and the other servers survive(and can even restart that server), and if the same kind of error ocurs in the linux kernel(or other bigger kernel) the kernel colapses. So the HURD will be the most stable and the most secure operating system on earth but also the most slowest operating system on earth (because the request travels a longer way)? Please help me clear this image I have about the "microkernel versus kernel"....

Catalin