porting nethack-3.4.0 to the Hurd: partial results

Salut,

I have tried to port that _wonderful_ game to the Hurd. There are three
build targets in the debian package; I have got two of them to succeed:
build-x11 and build-gnome. The third, build-qt, depends on libqt-dev,
unavailable (and that I don't feel like porting myself).

You will find attached two (bzip2-compressed) patches, with different
goals:
* one of them adds GNU support to the original nethack-3.4.0 sources
(turned off as should be);
* the second debianizes partially the nethack-3.4.0+gnu sources (adds
the debian dir, and turns on GNU support);
Once you have applied them in the correct order to the original
sources, you are (should be?) able to make -f debian/rules build-x11
and build-gnome successfully.

What's left to be done?
1. porting build-qt once libqt-dev is available (may lead to a patch
larger than mine);
2. make the packages and test them, since a build success isn't all it
takes to port!
3. have a patch adding GNU support accepted upstream;
4. have the debian patch to upstream do something more sensible than
enabling linux by default; it should enable LINUX/GNU/BSD depending of
the debian type of system!

As a beginner, I would be happy to have some advice/comment...

Snark on #hurd, #hurdfr

PS1: Let me thank again wolfgang (on #hurd) for the kind help on the
use of the auth functions.

PS2: I'm subscribed to the ml, so no need to cc me!

PS3: Note that you have to make -f debian/rules Makefile before any
build-*!