Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

> *shrug* I haven't seen anything in a year and a half to convince me
> that the Hurd has something else that can replace firewalling tools,
> and they've only become a more standard part of OS security in that time.

Since we are so totally far away from it mattering, there's no point
in trying to settle a moot and abstract question now.

> Quite frankly, I've no idea why you're quite so dogmatically against
> having firewalling tools. If you ever want to be released, you have
> to make the best tools available you can, even if you know they're
> not perfect.

I'm not against firewalling tools.  I already said something like
"shrug, they are a reasonable feature and sure, they should be there."
I only reject the notion that they are somehow an absolute requirement
for release.

Thomas