/servers-related terminological suggestion

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:39:12AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:17:37PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

[...]

> > What's /servers for?
>
> /servers is an area where active translators reside.

It seems like this use of terminology resulted in a bit of confusion;
we say that /hurd contains `translators', which are program-like
things that can be communicated-with via file-system nodes;

When one says "active translator", the straightforward interpretation
of it is, well..., `a program-like thing that can be communicated-with
via file-system nodes and ALSO has some quality of `activeness''.

What Marcus really meant here is to describe a *node that has an
active translator* attached to it. I suggest that a better term for
this is "actively-translated node" (or "rendez-vous points", which I
think I've seen used before in the description of /servers).

--
"'tis an ill wind that blows no minds."