Re: hurd does NOT need /hurd

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 07:34:44PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On 20 May 2002, Damien Genet wrote:
>
> > Le lun 20/05/2002 ? 01:28, Adam Heath a ?crit :
> > > Now, for some other analogies, to existing practices, showing that /hurd is
> > > not needed, *at all*.
> > [snip]
> > > So, why then do we really need /hurd?  What are the *real* reasons?
> >
> > i suggest that you first read what the Hurd and the translator concept
> > are :
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd-paper.html
> > http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-doc-translator
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd-talk.html
>
> All well and good, but that doesn't answer the question.  Why does hurd need
> /hurd?

Why do we need directories?

Because it will be big mess without them.

We have /hurd for more than 10 years, I haven't heard a single
argument why we should remove it. Same goes for /libexec.

You don't seem to take the time to learn the Hurd, if you don't do
that you can't argue about it.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects