Re: The HURD on the desktop ?

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 03:18:12PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> > Of GNU.
>
> Why should the documents be written using Docbook (as Jeff noted)
> instead of Texinfo? Texinfo is after all the preferred method of
> writing documents for GNU.

Well, because the people who organize the book printing in GNU might prefer
Docbook today and produce texinfo from that.  If you are interesting to
write a book that is to be published by the FSF, you should contact the
respective persons at the FSF for the status quo (I have seen the mail Jeff
is referring to, there seems to be a wish to get new books written in
docbook rather than texinfo, but it could have changed by now, who knows).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de