/usr -> . transition

Hello,

Does anyone disagree with this?

# Install on / instead of /usr when on GNU
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM   ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM)
ifeq (hurd, $(DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM))
  prefix=/
else
  prefix=/usr
endif

We could put it in debian/rules of all debian packages, starting
with the dh-make templates

It might not be a definitive solution but it's something we need
to do sooner or later anyway. What do you think?

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992