/usr -> . transition

Does anyone disagree with this?

# Install on / instead of /usr when on GNU
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM   ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM)
ifeq (hurd, $(DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM))

We could put it in debian/rules of all debian packages, starting
with the dh-make templates

It might not be a definitive solution but it's something we need
to do sooner or later anyway. What do you think?

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992