Re: New oskit-mach debugging log - failed assertion 'port->ip_srights > 0'

Aha, I have found some discrepancies. My module lines are from
Neil's web page:

http://web.walfield.org/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html#SEC5

Wherein he says:

Next, the root file system server and the |exec| server must be loaded. This is done using Grub's boot module capability. The parameters are the semantics by which the kernel passes some important values to the servers.

 grub> module /hurd/ext2fs.static --multiboot-command-line=${kernel-command-line}  --host-priv-port=${host-port} --device-master-port=${device-port} --exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T typed ${root} $(task-create) $(task-resume)
    [Multiboot-module  0x1c4000, 0x2cfe6a bytes]
 grub> module /lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec $(exec-task=task-create)
    [Multiboot-module  0x494000, 0x27afe bytes]

However, the file servers.boot contains this, which is different:

# GNU Mach boot script for Debian GNU/Hurd.  Each line specifies a
# file for serverboot to load (the first word), and actions to be done
# with it.

# First, the bootstrap filesystem.  It needs several ports as arguments,
# as well as the user flags from the boot loader.
/hurd/ext2fs.static --bootflags=${boot-args} --host-priv-port=${host-port} --device-master-port=${device-port} --exec-server-task=${exec-task} -Tdevice ${root-device} $(task-create) $(task-resume)

# Now the exec server; to load the dynamically-linked exec server
# program, we have serverboot in fact load and run ld.so, which in
# turn loads and runs /hurd/exec.  This task is created, and its task
# port saved in ${exec-task} to be passed to the fs above, but it is
# left suspended; the fs will resume the exec task once it is ready.
/lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec $(exec-task=task-create)

# To swap to a Linux swap partition, use something like the following.
# You can also add swap partitions to /etc/fstab.
#/dev/hd0s2 $(add-linux-paging-file)

# Don't make serverboot the default pager.  The real default pager will
# we started early in /libexec/rc.
die $(serverboot)

Which one is correct? I can boot Debian's gnumach.gz using Neil's commands,
and haven't tested it with the servers.boot yet.

Neither one seems to work with oskit-mach.

Thats all I know. Bye.

- Doug