Re: oskit random

Derek L Davies <ddavies@ddavies.net> writes:

> I've been twiddling with adding the linux random device to oskit.  I'm
> making some progress, but mostly I've been learning about oskit.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the details, but I think that the
tricky part of /dev/random is *not* the output generator, put the
hooks needed to use other device drivers as randomness sources.

If you figure out how to add those hooks into drivers and oskit, that
would be very good start.

Next, it would be nice to include the linux /dev/random driver, but
it would also be great to make it possible for higher level code (the
OS built on the kit, or some userspace application) to get access to
the raw entropy sources, and use it's own generation functions. (I
believe that the /dev/random driver does not solve quite the right
problem, and I think a userspace process using Yarrow is preferable).

Regards,
/Niels