I can't find the prototypes for eg trivfs_S_io_read

Hi people!
I have been hacking an example-translator (based on the run-translator) which
uses io_read and io_seek. While the run-translator gave me the needed
prototypes for those two, I can't find something like a header on my whole
system.
 I have gotten around to notice that these protos somehow stem from
hurd/io.defs, but have not been able to extract them. When applying mig on
this file, I do get io_read, but the parameters passed are not the same. In
fact, some are the same and you can easily spot that those two are related,
but I can't figure out what to do with the rest.

A few notes/questions that crossed my way:
- I would have looked for those prototypes in the hurd-dev package, to be
exact in hurd/trivfs.h. Should I file a bug against this, is it a bug at all ?
Of course I have found the functions themselves in the hurd soruces, but
shouldn't hurd-dev be enough for me ?
- invoking 'mig --help': there is a missing 'generates ' in the description
- It seems that my translator 'overrides' the functions from libtrivfs, just
like with virtual functions in C++, right ? Is there also a way to call the
function provided by libtrivfs from my overridden function (like calling
Base::function() in C++)?
- what does the _S_ in the function-name mean ?

thank you
Uli