Re: Where best to post questions?

> > I've just started fiddling with Debian Hurd using the new H2 CD
> > images.  (Quite impressive work so far :^)  I've been running it
> > inside VMware and have some problems and questions I'd like to post.
>
> > So, is this list or the help-hurd list at gnu.org the best place to
> > post newbie-type questions, or does it matter?  BTW, I've been keeping
> > notes that I'd like to post when I'm done working on my problems in
> > hopes of helping other new users.  TIA.
>
> The Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project ask that we not use
> the mailing lists to discuss non-Free software.  Because of that, we
> can't really help you with VMWare on help-hurd.  I don't know what the
> official policy of debian-hurd is though.

Are the questions about getting Hurd to run with VMWare, or about the
Hurd in general? If they are about the Hurd, then help-hurd is the place
to go. If they are about problems with interactions with VMWare, we
really can't help much.

help-hurd	Help with the Hurd
debian-hurd	Discussion related to Debian on the Hurd project.
bug-hurd	Discussions realted to the Hurd development

-- Ian

http://www.ianduggan.net              ian@ianduggan.net